With your support we can educate the future conservation leaders who will help solve the extinction challenge.
To tackle the wildlife conservation challenge it is essential that we inspire and support the next generation of conservation leaders. Every child deserves the right to know about, envision, and pursue a conservation career—regardless of race, gender, access or income. We’re starting with two programs to do just that.
Immersive Conservation Programs
Created for high school students in the DC metro area who show a passion for saving wildlife, this initial pilot program will dive deep to turn passion into possibility. Teens will work in small cohorts to solve community conservation challenges, explore careers, and share their passion for wildlife with others while gaining leadership and career skills.
Each youth conservationist can expect from Conservation Nation:
- A micro-grant to solve a conservation challenge in their school, neighborhood, place of worship, youth group center, etc.
- Skills training in areas such as grant management, resume and cover letter writing, and public speaking
- Exposure to conservation careers
- Mentorship from conservationists around the world
- A safe, welcoming, inclusive, and accessible space to explore, learn, grow, and have fun
Conservation Nation Academy
Designed to inspire as many high school students as possible to see themselves in a conservation career, these programs will be available in schools, youth groups, and out-of-school programs in the Washington, D.C. area. Teens will meet conservationists at all stages of their careers, explore how their unique skills and talents can contribute to wildlife conservation, and learn the steps they can take to become a conservationist.
These two programs will launch soon. We’ll provide updates here in the coming months—please check back. And, of course, we’re open to hearing from any organization interested in a partnership. Just reach out to our Education Team.