Are you passionate about wildlife, the environment, and leading a conservation movement? Become a Conservation Nation Next Generation Conservationist! CN NxtGen Conservationists are wildlife champions solving conservation challenges where it matter most–in their own communities.
CN NxtGen Conservationists will receive up to $500 in microgrant funding for a community project from Conservation Nation. Monthly workshops will train CN NxtGen Conservationists on the basics of grant management, storytelling and measuring your impact, conservation career exploration, and more. CN NxtGen Conservationists will also meet, network with, and be mentored by a diverse set of conservationists in a variety of fields.
Do you want to become a conservation community leader? GREAT! Our ideal CN NxtGen Conservationist:
- Goes to school in Washington, DC; Montgomery, Prince George’s, Anne Arundel, or Charles County in Maryland; or Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Loudon, Prince William, or Loudon County in Virginia.
- Is in grades 9 – 12 for the 2021 – 2022 school year.
- Has an idea for a project with a goal to save, protect, or promote wildlife and/or the environment.
- Wants to actively lead their community in conservation solutions!
Deadline to Apply:
The deadline to apply online or by email is Sunday, November 7, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. EST. Mailed applications must be postmarked by Sunday, November 7, 2021.
Not all applicants for the CN NxtGen Conservationists program will be invited to participate. You will hear from Conservation Nation by Monday, November 15, with a request to interview or with a decline. We will interview applicants during the weeks of November 15 and November 29, 2021 and will make our invitations by December 17, 2021. If you are not accepted into this year’s CN NxtGen Conservationist program, we encourage you to apply again in the future.
- Projects that focus on topics not directly related to conservation.
- Cash donations or items purchased to be donated to conservation organizations or third parties.
- Salaries, stipends, honoraria, or gifts for guest speakers or lecturers, etc.
- Lobbying activities or to support attempts to influence legislation.
- Required: Complete the application and microgrant proposal through our online portal. If you would like to think about and prepare your application and microgrant responses before starting your application, use this handy questionnaire guide. During the application you and your parent/guardian will also sign application agreements.
- Optional: Prepare a brief resume to submit when you apply.
- OR You can download and print the application, microgrant proposal, and agreement packet. Complete the documents and email them, along with an optional resume, to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail a completed packet* to us at:
C/O CN NxtGen Conservationist Program
1717 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
*Note that we cannot return materials, so please send copies.