Conservation Nation is no longer accepting applications for the Youth Advisory Council.
Calling All Youth Who Are Passionate About Wildlife, the Environment, and Community Leadership!
Conservation Nation is recruiting a national Youth Advisory Council of teen volunteers with diverse backgrounds who will:
- Elevate the youth voice within Conservation Nation.
- Advise us on programs that inspire and motivate youth to pursue conservation careers.
- Act as ambassadors to increase Conservation Nation’s visibility among youth.
Are you interested in joining us? GREAT! Our ideal candidate:
- Is in grades 9 – 12 for the 2021 – 2022 school year.
- Lives and/or goes to school in the United States (global citizens are welcome!)
- Has an interest and demonstrated leadership in wildlife conservation, the environment, climate change, STEM careers, education, youth engagement, social entrepreneurship and/or diversity, equity, access, and inclusion.
- Wants to make a difference in the world!
Deadline to Apply:
The deadline to apply online or by email is Friday, August 27, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. EST. Mailed applications must be postmarked by Friday, August 27, 2021.
Not all applicants for the Youth Advisory Council will be invited to serve. You will hear from Conservation Nation by Friday, September 3, 2021, with a request to interview or with a decline. We will interview applicants during the weeks of September 13 and 20, 2021 and will make our invitations by September 27, 2021. If you are not accepted into this year’s Youth Advisory Council, we encourage you to apply again in the future.
- Best efforts to attend and participate in each of our six virtual meetings.
- Adherence to the Conservation Nation Youth Advisory Council code of conduct.
- An embodiment of Conservation Nation’s core team values:
- Passion for our goal to save wildlife while supporting diversity in conservation careers.
- Inclusion of all people and voices with a respectful and welcoming spirit.
- Courage to speak your mind, ask questions, and challenge us to grow.
- Innovation as you share new ideas and push our programs’ boundaries.
- Teamwork and collaboration with your fellow Youth Advisory Council members and Conservation Nation staff.
- An organization that will respect and recognize your time, efforts, and contributions.
- A team dedicated to your growth and affirming of your individual identity and ideas.
- An orientation to Conservation Nation and the Youth Advisory Council.
- Volunteer or service-learning hours for school, if needed.
- Opportunities to strengthen your leadership and communication skills.
- Opportunities to network with career conservationists and professionals.
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021 – 7 – 8:30 p.m. EST (4 – 5:30 p.m. PST)
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021 – 7 – 8:30 p.m. EST (4 – 5:30 p.m. PST)
- Tuesday, January 11, 2022 – 7 – 8:30 p.m. EST (4 – 5:30 p.m. PST)
- Tuesday, February 8, 2022 – 7 – 8:30 p.m. EST (4 – 5:30 p.m. PST)
- Tuesday, March 8, 2022 – 7 – 8:30 p.m. EST (4 – 5:30 p.m. PST)
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022 – 7 – 8:30 p.m. EST (4 – 5:30 p.m. PST)
This is a volunteer position. Each Youth Advisor is eligible to receive a $250 gift card at the end of the council term in May 2022 if she/he/they attend least 4 out of 6 virtual meetings. Youth Advisors do not pay to be on the council. There is no employment, independent contractor, or labor relationship whatsoever between volunteer Youth Advisors and Conservation Nation.
The application deadline has passed.