Conservation Nation is no longer accepting applications for the 2021 Emerging Conservationist Grants Program.
We will provide funding to emerging conservationists from underrepresented groups, such as women, people of color, Indigenous people and those from disadvantaged communities to underwrite internships and professional development activities that might otherwise be beyond their reach.
Like our Established Conservationist grantees, Emerging Conservationist grantees will work hand in hand with Conservation Nation as mentors and role models to inspire the next generation.
Who Can Apply:
- Emerging conservationists, who have less than five years professional conservation experience AND
- Whose home base, school, and/or place of work is based in the U.S.
- Projects can be domestic or international.
- Applications due August 15, 2021 by 11:59 p.m. EST via email.
- Notification of final grantees September 8, 2021 by email.
- Announcement of grantees September 30, 2021 on the web and via press release.
- Funds made available the week of October 4, 2021 by mail or ACH transfer.
- The applicant must demonstrate that the funds will be used for or to support conservation activities research conducted for wildlife conservation, or professional development opportunities for the applicant.
- Emerging Conservationists are eligible for grants up to $5,000 (for a grant period of one year).
How to Apply:
Download the Emerging Conservationist Grant packet and application form here. Complete and email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications due August 15, 2021 by 11:59 p.m. EST.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com!